Sunday, February 3, 2013

Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators Conference '13

My head is spinning from the sheer brilliance, wonderful creativity, and incredible people I encountered today. Much thanks to The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, for putting this fabulous conference together.

I just got home, and will be heading back into Manhattan tomorrow morning at dawn, for round two. Some quick highlights from today, and then on Monday I will write a more in depth reflection of the weekend.

-Meg Rosoff. Seriously? This woman is phenomenal. I can't wait to fall into her stories. Also, thank you for being everyone's coffee this morning. You were hilarious, and brilliant.

-I have an addiction to books.

-Shaun Tan. Shaun Tan. Shaun Tan. Have you met his work? No? Go fix that. I confess: I didn't know who he was until today. I can't BELIEVE I didn't know who he was until today. His artwork is stunning, fantastical, sometimes dark, and always beautiful. His storytelling skills are unmatched. I was truly moved by his presentation, and can't wait to devour his books.

I'm not the only one who thinks of books as food, apparently. I eat my books, and devour each word. NOM.

I love writers, and the writing community.

I'm tired.

So! On that note, I'm off to dream about books. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend, everyone! Talk to you all again, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

html